Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Thursday said that retaliatory action against Pakistan has been happening and these actions will happen in future as well.
Following the beheading of two soldiers by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir, the Indian army chief said that action against Pakistan will not be shared before it is actuall carried out.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of an Army function here, General Rawat said: “You are asking for a future plan. The Army never gives out future plan. It is said only after it is executed.”
He was asked what the Army planned to do after the Pakistan Army mutilated the bodies of Naib Subedar Paramjeet Singh and BSF Head Constable Prem Sagar on Monday along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
“Such responses keep happening. We also take retaliatory action. There is nothing new in it,” Gen Rawat said.
Asked about the reactivation of terror launch pads across the LoC which were destroyed by India during the surgical strike last year, Rawat only said the “counter-infiltration postures” have been beefed up.
He said the Army was taking steps to check cross-border infiltration of militants from Pakistan as summer had begun and snow had started melting.
“Terrorists are going to attempt infiltration. Summer months have started and snow is melting. Infiltration will commence. We are taking measures. We have beefed up our counter infiltration (steps) to take care of the situation.”
Vice Chief of Army Staff Sarath Chand on Tuesday had said the Army will respond to the dastardly act at “a time and place of its choosing”.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley had said the “sacrifice (of the two soldiers) will not go in vain” and the Indian armed forces will react “appropriately” to the “inhuman act” of the Pakistani troops.