In view of weather forecast issued by Metrological Department with possibility of heavy rains and snowfall from 22nd October (evening) to 24th of October 2021, Fruit Growers of Kashmir valley are requested to follow below detailed advisory :
1. Speedup harvesting of fruit crop and its proper storage
2. Ensure proper maintenance and cleaning of drainage
Channels, so that water logging shall not take place in the orchards.
3. Don’t remove the stakes from the fruit trees
4. Ensure proper support and staking of fruit trees and limbs damaged previous untimely snowfall.
5. Prefer pruning of their orchards in view of weather alert.
6. In case of snow fall visit your orchards and shake fruit trees and their limbs so that snow does not accumulate on fruit trees.
7. Those orchards where 50% of leaves of fruit trees have turned yellowspray with 4 to 5 kg of Urea per 100 liters of water for speedy leaf fall.
For further details contact concerned Horticulture offices/officers and field staff.