Srinagar: Directorate of India Systems of Medicine J&K has been designated as Implementing agency for ensuring conservation, development and marketing of Medicinal plants.
This after an order issued by Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha vide order No. 583-JK (GAD) of 2021 dated 06.07.2021 had designated Directorate of Indian System of Medicine, J&K as Implementing Agency under Medicinal Plants Sector.
Further, the order reads that “Director, Indian Systems of Medicine (AYUSH), J&K shall be the Chief Executive Officer of J&K Medicinal Plants Board”.
The J&K Medicinal Plants Board will function for Conservation, Development Sustainability and marketing of Medicinal Plants and will also encourage budding entrepreneurs for establishing herbal industries in J&K. Main objectives which J&K Medicinal Plants Board will thrive to achieve are:
1. Mass cultivation Medicinal Plants.
2. Processing, Marketing/Trading of Medicinal Plants.
3. Conservation for Rare, endangered and Threatened Species Medicinal Plants.
4. Establishment of Herbal Garden (Institutional, Home, and Community herbal gardens)
5. Value addition of Medicinal Plants.
6. Development of entrepreneurship of Medicinal Plants.