Youth inhales chemical, dies

Kangan: A youth died on Thursday after inhaling some chemical at a construction site in Kangan area of central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, officials said.

Officials informed ‘Kashmir Vision’  that the youth identified as Sameer Ahmad Ganaie, son of Abdul Rashid Ganaie, resident of Pethpora Chattergul was working at the construction site where work on an under construction bridge is being executed by PMGSY in the area.

“While working the youth inhaled large amount of Rapidite which he was taking out from a barrel and as a result he fainted,” officials said.

He was immediately shifted to Public Health Centre (PHC) Chattergul were from he was taken to Trauma Hospital Kangan for further treatment.

However, being critical he was referred to SKIMS Soura for specialized treatment but the doctors declared him as brought dead.

Meanwhile, Kangan Police has taken cognizance of the incident, an official said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.