Youth inhales chemical, dies

Kangan: A youth died on Thursday after inhaling Rapidite in Kangan area of central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district, officials said.

Officials informed ‘Kashmir Vision’  that the youth identified as Sameer Ahmad Ganaie, son of Ab Rashid Ganaie, resident of Pethpora Chattergul was working on an under construction bridge being executed by PMGSY in the area.

“During work, the youth due to siphoning inhaled large amount of Rapidite from a barrel and felt unconscious,” officials said.

He was immediately shifted to Public Health Centre (PHC) Chattergul were from he was taken to Trauma Hospital Kangan for further treatment.

However, being critical he was referred to SKIMS Soura for specialized treatment but the doctors there declared him brought dead.

Meanwhile, Kangan Police has taken cognizance of the incident.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.