Srinagar: A residential house was damaged in a fire incident in a congested old city on Tuesday evening, a spokesman of the fire and emergency services said on Wednesday.
“Apparently the fire broke out due to short circuit at 8. 20 PM in a residential house of Fazi Begum widow of Mohammad Ramzan at Zaindar Mohallah, resulting in damage to the structure”, the spokesman told Kashmir Wire.
He said the timely action by firemen brought the fire under control and prevented it from spreading to adjacent houses.
One of our fireman, Javid Ahmad Hajam, sustained injuries while dousing the flames. He was later shifted to hospital for treatment. (Kashmir Wire)