Fire destroys three houses in Verinag village

Anantnag: At least four families comprising of 30 members were rendered homeless on Friday after three houses damaged in a massive blaze.

Reports said that the fire occurred due to an electric short circuit in one of the houses located in Heward area of Verinag in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.

The blaze spread to three structures which got converted into ashes in no time, locals said.

Officials said that property worth lakhs was completely damaged during the incident.

Meanwhile, noted social worker, Farooq Ahmad Ganie visited the affected families and expressed concern over the loss caused to the four Chopan families due to the fire incident.

Ganai visited all the affected families and assured of all possible help.

He appealed government to assess the loss and provide immediate relief to the affected families besides allotting IAY sheds and timber on subsidized rates.

Ganai who was accompanied by scores of members impressed upon the government to established Fire Service Station at Qammer, which is a long pending demand of people of Kapran belt.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.