State Football League-2017: J&KSPDC beats AG’s XI in Premier Div match

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Power Development Corporation (J&KSPDC) XI defeated Accountant General’s (AG’s) XI in the high voltage Premier Division match of the ongoing State Football League-2017 at Synthetic Turf TRC on Wednesday (Oct 18). In the other Super Division match of the day, Real Kashmir Red beat Jhelum Sports by 2-0 at the same venue.

The Premier-Division match, between JKSPDC and AG’s XI proved a delight for the thousands of football fans at Synthetic Turf TRC as two evenly matched teams were pitted against each other. As the play started, the defence lines of both the talented teams attacked against each other’s goal post but the defence lines ensured that no damage was done. In 15th minute of the play, Imad Rashid breached the defence lines of AG’s XI and ensured J&KSPDC takes an early lead in the match.

After taking the lead JKSPDC team continued to play attacking football and there got a penalty kick in 22nd minute. However, Gulzar Ahmad missed the opportunity to double the lead as his kick went out of the goalpost. Seeing the team trailing, the AG’s XI stepped up attacks on JKSPDC goalpost and in 30th minute of the play, referee awarded a penalty kick in their favour. Khalid Qayoom without any mistake converted that into a goal and thus levelling the score. At half time score line read 1-1.

As the second half began, both the teams were eager to take lead and in the process they played some fast and attacking football. However, for 20 minutes into the second half, none of the teams was able to score. It was Imad Rashid again for the JKSPDC team, who managed to score another goal for his team in the 65th minute of the play. The goal put the AG’s XI on back foot and they couldn’t score an equaliser till the referee blew the final whistle. Despite losing the game, the AG’s XI put their best play and won the accolades from the huge crowd. For JKSPDC team it was their second consecutive victory.

Owais from SFA was declared player of the match for his performance.

In Super Division match, also played at Synthetic Turf TRC, Real Kashmir Red defeated Jehlum Sports by two goals to nil. In first half both teams tried their best to score, but failed to do so. As the second half began, the Real Kashmir team stepped up attacks and took a lead in 53rd minute of the match through Naish. Basit double the lead in 70th minute and seeing their team trailing by two goals, the Jehlum Sports players tried to attack goal post of Real Kashmir team frequently, but the defence line thwarted all their attempts. When the referee blew the final whistle, the score line read 2-0 in favour of Real Kashmir Red.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.