Three militants killed in Pulwama encounter

A total of three militants have been killed in the encounter at Bamnoo area of Pulwama as the 24 hour long gunfight that started yesterday morning ended today.

Two militants, Kifayat Ahmad and Jahangeer Ahmad were killed yesterday and third militant is yet to be identified. Heavy teargas shelling was witnessed as protesters clashed with the police near police lines Pulwama demanding dead body of third  militant. Local sources identified the third militant as Akhter Khan from Reasi. The third  militant gave a tough fight to security forces and para commandos were rushed to the encounter spot.

Earlier, Bahmnoo village was cordoned off yesterday in wee hours after forces received the inputs about the presence of militants in the area.

During search operation a contact was made with militants who fired on forces triggering a gun fight in which two militants were killed. Meanwhile, forces razed three houses to ground in which the militants were trapped.

As per police sources two army men also got injured near encounter site after militants lobbed a grenade to break the cordon, who were shifted to hospital and whose condition is said to be stable.

Meanwhile, after the word encounter spread in the area, hundreds of youth of adjacent areas tried to break the cordon and pelted stones on forces who retaliated with tear smoke shells, pellets, Pava shells and sound shells triggered clashes which continued for the whole day. The protests left 30 persons injured among them two got bullet injuries whose condition is said to be stable.

However, search operation still continues in the area and forces are looking for more dead bodies.

 Meanwhile, two militants who were killed in 24 hour long encounter  were laid to rest amid pro-freedom and anti-India slogans.

Both militants were laid to rest at their ancestral villages amid pro freedom slogans.

Men, women and children in a large number were seen in their ancestral villages among the mourners. Reports also said that several armed militants appeared at the graveyard and offered gun salute to the slain militants. 

Pertinently, Kifayat who was from the same village where encounter took place was laid to rest as his body was completely charred  due to the blasts.

As per reports and witnesses the funeral prayers were held several times to accommodate the huge rush of people marching from different area in Chak Keller ñ ancestral village of Jehangir in Shopian district.

Meanwhile, as per police sources third militants body that was lying in police station Rajpora was shifted to police lines Pulwama and  the militant would be laid to rest in Baramulla.

However, people of Shopian and Pulwama were resisting and were demanding his dead body near police lines Pulwama and blocked the road as well.

Following the protests Deputy Commissioner Pulwama ordered that teaching activity in government boys degree college Pulwama, Womenís college Pulwama, Girls Higher Secondary School Pulwama, Higher Secondary School Pulwama, Higher Secondary School Rajpora, Higher Secondary School Rohmo, Higher Secondary School Kakapora and Higher Secondary School Pinglena will remain suspended on 5 July.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.