Injured Kulgam youth succumbs to injuries

A Kulgam resident who was critically injured in Border Security Force firing on the by-polling day in Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district succumbed to his injuries in Srinagar hospital on Wednesday morning, thus taking the toll to 9. At least 8 civilians were killed on 9 April in Budam and Ganderbal district in violent clashes on by-polling day on 9 April.

The deceased Muzaffar Ahmed Mir son of Ghulam Mohiuddin, a resident of Zangalpora village of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district and a local youth Omar Farooq were seriously injured when protesters clashed with Indian BSF at Barsoo area of Ganderbal district. Omar died on spot while Muzaffar, a labour by profession had a bullet injury in thigh and was admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of SKIM.

After battling for life over a week, Muzaffar died in the hospital on Wednesday morning. His death took the toll to nine.

Eight youth were killed and 150 were wounded by Government Forces as large scale protests, clashes marred polling in Srinagar Parliamentary constituency. The slain youth were identified as Faizan Fayaz Dar (15), Abass Jahangir (22) of Dalwan Pakharpora, Shabir Ahmed Bhat (22) of Dawlatpora Chadoora, Nisar Ahmed Mir (25) of Ratsun Beerwah, Akeel Ahmed Wani (22) of Churmujroo Beerwah, Adil Farooq Sheikh (19) of Yarigund Kawoosa Khalisa, Amir Ahmed Rather (20) of Dadwanpora Chadoora and Omar Farooq Ganie (21) of Barsoo Ganderbal.

Witnesses said that police sealed the adjacent villages of Zangalpora including Brazlo, Mir Bazar and Devsar to stop people from visiting the native village of the deceased youth. ‘The movement of the mourners was restricted to maintain law and order,” said a police official.

Witnesses added that amid police restrictions, thousands of mourners amid pro-freedom slogans participated in the last rites of the slain youth who was 25 years old and had gone to Ganderbal for laboring.

The family members of the slain youth alleged that Muzaffar died due to negligence of the doctors. “Doctors didn’t take proper care of him,” said one of the family members.

Meanwhile, a spontaneous shutdown was observed in Baroosa and its adjoining areas in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Wednesday after the news of death of a Kulgam youth spread in the area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.