Cow electrocuted to death, woman has miraculously escape at Pampore

PAMPORE: In a shocking incident, a cow was electrocuted to death and a woman tending her had a miraculous escape at Khanqah Bagh area of Saffron Town Pampore in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Soon after the news of this incident Tehsildar Pampore Zubair Ahmad Bhat (KAS) along with Tehsil official Mir Murwat Hussian, Assistant Executive Engineer Chadoora, concerned Junior engineer and other PDD department Chadoora officials reached the spot where residents demanded relocation of the line and new electric poles.
The Tehsildar Pampore gave them one week’s time to redress the grievance.
He also directed them to compensate the victims for the loss.
Eyewitnesses told Kashmir Reader that a lady, Mubeena wife of Mohammad Shafi Bhat, resident of Khankahbagh Pampore was tending her cow in her courtyard when an electric conductor carrying 11000 KV current snapped and fell up on the cow due negligence of the power development department.
” The cow was electrocuted to death on the spot,” Javaid Ahmad Bhat, brother in law of Mubeena told Kashmir Reader, adding that her sister in law had a narrow escape in this incident.
He said that locals had several times informed the electric department about the threat posed by poles and transmission lines in the area.
Mubeena told Kashmir Reader that she had barely walked a few steps from the cow after providing her fodder when the conductor snapped.
” I saw my cow wither in pain and then fainted and lost my consciousness,” she said.
The residents said that they appealed to authorities for relocating the supply line after number of times but they gave a deaf ear to them.
The line supplies electricity to different villages of Chadoora through the area and the responsibility to maintain the line falls on AEE Chadoora.
The concerned officer visited the spot and inspected the supply line.
“I express my sympathies with the family who lost their cow due to snapping of the conductor,” he said, assuring that they will compensate the loss through the power development department as well as at personal level.
Tehsildar Pampore, Zubair Ahmad Bhat told Kashmir Reader that the incident happened due to negligence of Power development department Chadoora.
He said that it caused a huge loss to the family who lost their milk yielding cow.
He appealed to people of the Pampore Tehsil to bring it into his notice if they find electric poles or conductors in deteriorated condition so that they do their safety audit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.