PAMPORE: A 50 year old security guard of JK cements Khrew died and another fell unconscious due suffocation after inhalation of poisonous gas on Tuesday morning in Khrew area of Pampore in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Ghulam Hassan Ganaie (50) son of Mohammad Jamaal Ganaie, resident of Dagerpora Handwara, security guard at JK cements Khrew died due to inhaling of poisoning gasand his colleague Ghulam Mohammad Bhat son of Asad Ullah Bhat resident of Rajpora Pulwama fell unconscious, SDPO Pampore, Mir Imtiyaz Ahmad told Kashmir Reader.
He said that another guard is undergoing treatment at SMHS hospital Srinagar. His condition is stated to be stable, he said.
He said that the body of the deceased was shifted to Sub district hospital Pampore for postmortem.
Abdul Rasheed, a colleague of the two security guards told Kashmir Reader that the duo fell unconscious due to gas poisoning by a charcoal heater in their room.
” on Monday evening I saw them taking a gas heater into their room before going to bed, on Tuesday morning I entered into their room as usual to awaken them for morning prayers but I found them in a state of unconsciousness,” he said, adding that one them was breathing and he informed at police station Khrew about the incident.
Medical Officer SDH Pampore Dr Mohammad Ashraf told Kashmir Reader that they received information from SHO Khrew Manzoor Ahmad that two security guards of JK cements Khrew were admitted at Khrew hospital in an unconscious state.
” It was a case of carbon monoxide poisoning due to burning of charcoal heater inside a closed room, ” he said, adding that one among the two was dead on arrival.
He said that the other was referred to SMHS Srinagar and his condition is said to be stable.
The body of the deceased handed over heirs after conducting a postmortem, he said.
Police Khrew has taken cognizance in this regard and started investigation.