Pampore: Almost 75 percent work on 300 LMP (Litres Per Minute) oxygen plant at Sub–district hospital Pampore has been completed and it will take a few more weeks to complete the remaining work, a health official said on Thursday.
Resident Medical Officer (RMO) SDH Pampore Dr Mohammad Ashraf Bhat said that the oxygen plant will be installed in the premises of Sub district hospital Pampore for which basic infrastructure has been already set up.
“The construction of a manifold oxygen plant has been in progress for the past two weeks, piping, which is the main thing, has been laid. Almost 75 percent of the work has been completed. The remaining 25 percent work will be completed within a couple of weeks,” he told Kashmir Reader.
“Pampore medical block will be benefited by this plant as it will cater to demand of high flow oxygen. This will also stop (unnecessary) referral of patients to tertiary care hospitals,” he said.
Local residents hailed authorities for installing the oxygen plant in the hospital. A civil society member Mohammad Yousuf Malik said it would ease the suffering of patients and attendants would not have to run for arranging high flow oxygen.