Pampore: A residential house and shop were damaged by fire which erupted on Sunday morning at Kadlabal Pampore area of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Locals told Kashmir Reader that fire broke out in a residential houses and a Kiryana shop belonging to Ghulam Qadir Shah, resident of Kadlabal Pampore due to short circuit in refrigerator inside the shop.
The owner of the residential house Ghulam Qadir Shah sustained burn injuries in face in a bid to save the belongings.
The incident occurred around 5.15 a.m. Fire fighters personnel from the Fire Station Pampore rushed to the spot and doused the flames .
In the incident all the items of the Kiryana shop and many household items were destroyed.
Officials told Kashmir Reader that the cause of fire was an electric short circuit in the refrigerator inside the shop. He said property worth lakhs was destroyed in the fire.
” We reached the spot soon after getting the call at 5.20am, the locals in Mir Mohalla cooperated with us,” Incharge Fire and Emergency Services Pampore Abdul Hai said, adding that they launched the firefighting operation from two sides and brought the flames into control within no time.
On the directions of Tehsildar Pampore Ishtiyaq Mohi-ud-Din, revenue officials led by revenue official Mir Murawat Hussain reached the spot and took stock of the situation.