Pampore: A residential house was partially damaged in a fire incident at Pampore in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Saturday evening. A fire broke out in a two-storey house owned by Zahoor Ahmad Bhat resident of Khankahbagh area of Pampore on Saturday evening. Eyewitnesses told Kashmir Reader that the fire damaged the upper storey of the building. “We have stored carved wood worth rupees three lakh in one room on the second storey. It was burnt to ashes,” Zahoor Ahmad said. He added that many of his household items including furniture and electronic gadgets were also damaged. The eyewitnesses said that as soon as the news of fire spread in the area, fire tenders from fire and emergency department, police and locals rushed to the spot to douse the flames. They added that their timely action helped in reducing the magnitude of the damage. No loss of life or injury was reported in the incident. Officials believed that the fire might have erupted due to short circuit.
Share on Facebook Follow on Facebook Add to Google+ Connect on Linked in Subscribe by Email Print This Post