Fire damages 3 shops in Pampore

PAMPORE: Three shops were damaged in Pampore on Thursday night and property worth lakhs is believed to be damaged.
According to reports, short circuit is believed to have caused the fire.
The complex where fire erupted houses these shops is owned by a local Mosque and rented to different shopkeepers on monthly rent basis.
Mushtaq Ahmad, a resident of Frestabal -an affected shopkeeper – told Kashmir Reader that it was around 8:45 pm on Thursday that fault occurred in a high tension wire passing above the roof top of the complex.
“The wire snapped and fell which caused the fire,” he said, adding that they requested PDD officials for relocating the lines, but they didn’t heed to their request.
Locals told Kashmir Reader that firefighters rushed to the spot and with the help of police and locals, they doused the fire and contained it from damaging other shops in the complex.
Tehsildar Pampore, IshtiyaqMohi-ud-Din told Kashmir Reader that he has recommended relief for the victims and the case will be submitted before higher authorities.
He also said that he will take up the issue of relocating HT lines with PDD.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.