Casual employee of PDD electrocuted on Srinagar outskirts

PAMPORE: A casual (temporary) employee of the Power Development Department (PDD) was electrocuted on Monday at a grid station in Khanmoh on Srinagar outskirts, allegedly due to negligence of his department, sources said.
The injured employee, identified as Mohammad Ashraf Dar, son of Ghulam Ahmad, resident of Karnabal Pampore, was electrocuted at the service and operation (S&O) station at Khanmoh, Srinagar.
He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital from where he was referred to SKIMS Srinagar in critical condition.
Sources told Kashmir Reader that Dar was working on an electric line when power supply suddenly resumed in the grid station.
Sources told Kashmir Reader that the incident occurred when the temporary employee was doing his routine duty.
“The electricity supply was off at the moment when he was doing his job and suddenly we saw him flying high up in air as he came in contact with the 33,000 KV line,” an employee of PDD said, adding that Dar sustained critical burn injuries in his abdomen and hand.
Police said they have started an investigation into the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.