Amid shutdown, situation remains peaceful across Valley

Mobile connectivity snapped for 10 hrs

Srinagar: Situation remained peaceful across Kashmir on Sunday amid complete shutdown and suspension of mobile connectivity.
While shops and other business establishments remained closed across entire valley during the day, public and private transport also stayed off the roads. Only essential services like hospitals and medical shops were open in the region.
Government had heightened the security cover in Kashmir days before R- Day functions across the valley, as hundreds of additional troops were deployed across the valley.
A huge contingent of forces was also guarding the roads leading to main venues of official functions while many personnel were seen keeping vigil from high-rise buildings.
The roads connecting SK Cricket Stadium, the main official venue of district Srinagar, remained blocked for civilian traffic.
Massive frisking operations was already happening across Kashmir especially on the highways. People travelling on the highway were stopped at multiple locations and their vehicles were searched thoroughly.
The city residents also faced inconvenience in many areas as they struggled to cross through fresh checkpoints.
Police has also put to test hi-tech drones to ensure fool-proof surveillance on across Srinagar. The main function was held in SK stadium where tricolour was unfurled by Farooq Khan, Advisor to Lieutenant Governor, G C Murmu.
Many drones were in the air to map the areas to check the suspicious activities. All the cameras are connected with the Police Control Room (PCR) Srinagar.
Government has also suspended mobile services in Kashmir Valley as a “precautionary measure” for almost 10 hours starting from 6 am on Sunday. All the mobile networks were restored at 4pm.
Meanwhile, newly elected BDC chairman’s also unfurled the tricolor at various places across North Kashmir districts of Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipora.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.