Fire damages manufacturing unit in Srinagar

SRINAGAR: A massive fire incident at a manufacturing facility in uptown Srinagar on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday has damaged property worth lakhs.
“The fire broke out inside the premises of Alishan Industries – a wax candle manufacturing outlet at the Industrial Estate, Rangreth due to short circuiting and engulfed a sizeable quantity of wax besides leaving the property in ashes, co-owner of the outlet,” Imtiyaz Ahmad Sheikh told Kashmir Reader.
Sheikh said the massive fire had entirely damaged the ground and first floor of the building.
Soon after the fire was doused by the fire brigade, surveyors from banks as well as the Industrial Estate visited the site to assess the damages.
Sheikh also demanded an appropriate compensation for the damage, saying the losses were estimated “in lakhs”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.