Sopore: At least four houses were gutted on Sunday when a fire broke out in a residential area in North Kashmir’s Sopore.
Reports said that at least four structures belonging to Siraj-ud-din Peer, Mohammad Amin Peer, Zahoor Ahmed Peer and Imtiyaz Ahmed Peer were gutted in a devastating fire that broke out at 6:45 PM on Sunday at Ashpeer area in North Kashmir’s Sopore town.
However, there was no loss of life in the incident.
Reports said that locals reached to the spot and started rescue operation, carrying water in buckets and other utensils to douse the rising flames.
However, their efforts failed to yield any results till the fire spread in the locality.
“A minor fire incident engulfed the entire area as fire tenders failed to reach on time which proves the ‘irresponsible’ attitude of the department,” claimed local residents.
While the exact cause of the fire has not been ascertained so far, Fire Department officials suspect it to be a case of electric short circuit.
Meanwhile, affected families and locals have demanded adequate compensation to the victim families who lost their properties in the mishap.