Srinagar: Since schools in Kashmir valley are re-opening after a long winter break, Srinagar police have issued an advisory for the school transport.
“This is in continuation to already issued Advisory dated 16.11.2017 and since schools are going to open very soon after winter vacations & there is need to issue the advisory to the transporters ferrying school going children to the school and home & appeal to the parents of the school going children” a statement from Traffic police said.
The statement issued following advisory for the school transport;
- Advisory to the school bus /van operators :
- A) Should have a valid permit to ferry students.
- B) Should ferry students as per seating capacity mentioned in the registration certificate.
- C) Should not alter seating arrangements of the vehicle.
- D) Should not modify the fuel kit to a gas kit.
- E) Should not carry school bags on the roof top of the vehicle.
- F) Should keep the vehicle parked in a designated parking place or inside school premises.
- Appeal to the parents of school going children :
Parents are appealed to verify the following norms of the buses/vans ferrying their school children to and fro from home to school:
- a) A valid driving license of the driver.
- b) Adequate seating capacity of the vehicle.
- c) 05 years of driving experience of the driver.
- d) First Aid Box inside the vehicle.
- e) Adequate space for keeping school bag.
- f) Vehicle is painted yellow.
- g) Have a fire extinguisher in a vehicle.