Farhan chose the right path, says family

Kulgam: The slain Hizb militant, Muhammad Farhan Wani was Wednesday laid to rest at his ancestral graveyard in Redwani Payeen village of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district.

The militant affiliated with Hizb-ul-Mujahideen was killed in an encounter that raged between forces and militants in Pehlipora Larnoo village of Kokernag area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.  

Wani (15) as per the family was very religious and has never missed any prayer since his childhood.

Notably, Wani is the second young militant who was killed in last 10 days.

The first youngster was, Fardeen Ahmed Khanday of Tral area who was affiliated with Jaish-e-Muhammad and was killed in Lethpora Fidayeen attack. 

Ghulam Muhammad Wani, father of Farhan who is a government teacher said that his beloved son was a very efficient boy and all his wishes were fulfilled by the family.

The slain militant as per the family secured about 96 per cent marks in board exam after which he chose Medical Math stream. “Our beloved was regularly attending his classes at coaching centre for five subjects including Mathematics, Physics Chemistry, Zoology and Botany,” his father said.

He informed that On 17th of Ramadan (13 June 2017), which is also being observed as the Youm-e-badr (the day which is related with battle of badr) he went for coaching and never came back.

“We filed two missing reports and searched for him everywhere but to no avail and on 6 July we came to know through security forces that Farhan has joined militant ranks,” his father added.

However, it is believed that he picked up arms on 13 June, when he along with another boy of the Khudwani area on tips of militants snatched arms from the security guards deployed in the house of Justice Muzafar Attar in Sarnal area of Anantnag district and joined HM,  militant outfit.

Moreover, it is also believed he was chosen for the task of snatching arms from the area as he was aware about every route of the area.

Notably, the slain militant was the student of EFF EMM school KP road, which is close to the house of Justice Attar.

His father informed that the security forces were repeatedly asking them to call him back, which Farhan refused.

“Yes my Facebook post urging Farhan to come back went viral that was our love and affection for our child. We were requesting him to come back but I knew it that he has chosen a right path and won’t return,” he said, adding that “we were never threatened by security forces after our beloved joined the militant ranks.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.