Lethpora attack: Another militant killed, ops over

Srinagar: An unidentified militant was killed in Lethpora Pulwama early Monday morning to cap the two-day gunfight between militants and government forces. In All eight persons were killed, five of them CRPF men and remaining three were ‘fidayeen (suicide) attackers”—two of whom have been identified as locals.

As reported already, five paramilitary CRPF men and two Jash-e-Mohammad militants were killed on Sunday.

The fidayeen carried out the attack at around 2:30 am on Sunday by opening indiscriminate fire and lobbed grenades inside the camp situated in Lethpora area of the district, an official said.

“All the attackers later entered inside the training centre of CRPF 185 battalion and engaged the troops in a gun battle”, they said.

The 4-storey building consisted of 3 blocks and block-one was used for officer’s family accommodation, 2nd block as main office while block three as camp and it was targeted by militants.

Soon after the attack, reinforcement of army’s special forces and SOG rushed to the spot and cordoned off the whole area amid fierce gunfight.

In the initial exchange of gunfight, three paramilitary CRPF were injured and one of them, Constable Sharief-ud-din Ganaie of Chadoora Budgam died at 92 Base hospital where all the injured were shifted.

The two injured constable, injured initially, Narender, who sustained bullet injuries on his calf muscle and Malve Samadhan (bullet injuries on his right shoulder) were admitted in the hospital and they are stated to be out of danger.

Later, four other personnel sustained bullet injuries and three of them— Tuafail Ahmed of Rajouri, Rajendra Nain of Churu Rajasthan and Pradeep Kr Panda succumbed to injuries while Kuldip Roy (inspector), a resident of Tikkar Khatrian HP, died of cardiac arrest. 

Another injured personnel, Mala Ram, is recuperating in the 92-Base hospital, they said.  

 The two of the fidayeen of Jash-e-Mohammad, killed after storming a paramilitary CRPF camp, ha have been identified as Manzoor Ahmad Baba son of Ali Mohammad Baba of Drubgam Pulwama and Fardeen Ahmad Khanday son of Ghulam Mohammad Khanday, a serving police constable, a resident of Nazeen Pora Tral.  The slain duo, they said, had joined militant ranks only three months ago. (GNS)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.