Srinagar: At least 8 residential houses gutted in a fire incident in old Srinagar city on Monday night.
The fire incident occurred at Shiekh Colony, Kane-Devar locality of Hawal Srinagar.
The fire was caused due to short-circuit, said locals. Fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire.
Property worth lakhs were damaged in the devastated fire incident, a police official said.
Reports said that the residential houses of Irfan Ahmed, Abdul Majid, Muhammad Altaf, Muhammad Amin and Late Ghulam Muhammad were completely damaged in the incident.
“A case has been registered and investigation taken up,” said a police official.