Two residential houses were completely damaged in a fire incident in Kullan area in Tehsil Gund of Ganderbal district, police and reports said.
They said that on Tuesday afternoon fire broke out in the residential house of Mohammad Shafi Hajam which engulfed the adjacent residential house of Mohammad Maqbool Hajam under the jurisdiction of police station Gund, resulting in complete damage to both the houses.
Officials said that the fire tender from Gund with the help of police and locals brought fire under control and prevented it fire from spreading to nearby houses.
The cause of fire is believed to be short circuit, he said. Police has taken cognizance of the incident .