Sumbal: A 17-year-old girl died on Sunday due to electrocution in Marqundal area of Sumbal in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Sunday morning.
The deceased was identified as Samiya Bano daughter of Abdul Rasheed. She received an electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire inside her home at Marqundal area of Sumbal, reports said.
Samiya was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival.
Police after completing all legal and medical formalities handed over the to her relatives for last rites.