Aspirants rue delay in selection list for F&ES posts

Aspirants rue delay in selection list for F&ES posts

SRINAGAR: Six years after the first notification (now scrapped) for several jobs in the Fire and Emergency Services (F&ES) department was issued, aspirants are ruing the delay in selection.
The department has since re-advertised the posts on court orders and held new tests, but the delay in notifying the selection list is angering the candidates,
A candidate said more than 800 posts under various categories were advertised by the F&ES in March 2013.
Around 15,000 candidates had applied for the posts, and the physical tests and written examination were held in 2014, another candidate said, however, the posts were “re-advertised” last year on court orders.
Several candidate blamed “department’s own issues” for the re-advertisement.
The candidates alleged that the department was again dilly dallying after completing the physical, written and type tests under the new notification.
Despite directions from the Governor’s grievance cell and the state High Court, the department had failed to comply, they said.
“They have even failed to comply with the April 3 court order, which directed them to issue the list within 2 weeks,” a candidate said.
Deputy Director F&ES, Bashir Ahmad Shah told Kashmir Reader that a decision might be taken on the matter in the next couple of days as a meeting between Commissioner Secretary Home Department-party to the case in the court- and Director General of the department was scheduled on Thursday.