14 children injured in fire in UP madrasa

14 children injured in fire in UP madrasa
  • 18
    Shares
Muzaffarnagar: Fourteen children were injured when a fire broke out in a madarsa at Shuru village in the district, police said Friday.
The blaze started Thursday night from a candle kept in a room in the madrasa in Kotwali Police Station area during a power cut, they said.

A refrigerator near the candle caught fire which spread rapidly, they said.

Fourteen children were injured, ten of them seriously, and they were rushed to a hospital, police said, adding an investigation was underway.