Case filed against Srinagar man ‘beaten’ by police

Case filed against Srinagar man ‘beaten’ by police
  • 731

Had confronted police on tear gas ‘thrown inside home’

SRINAGAR: Police has registered an FIR against a Srinagar man, who was allegedly beaten with gun butts on Sunday.
A police official told Kashmir Reader a case has been filed under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 336 (endangering life and property) against Mudasir Habib, a resident of Karfali Mohalla.
Mudasir says that he had gone to confront police about “hazardaous spray” thrown inside his home which caused nausea to kids.
The official said that Mudasir was leading the group of stone pelters and claimed that he was injured by a stone thrown at him by stone pelters “whom he was saving”.
“On Sunday, while police was clearing the road from stone pelting, a group tried to disrupt it by attacking on duty police officer. He (officer) was man handled. A case under the charges of 307 and 336 stands registered and investigation is on,” the officer said.
On Sunday, as per locals, during stone throwing incident at Karfari Mohallah police threw a spray inside Mudasir’s home which caused nausia to two kids inside.
This, led Mudasir to confront police, after which he was allegedly attacked, and suffered injuries to his head.
The officer, however, said that no one threw any kind of spray inside the house. He said police used tear gas shell which is a non-lethal weapon that might have dispersed across the locality.
“No one threw anything inside any house. It is a fabricated story,” he added.
Earlier, Mudasir said he had gone to talk to police after two children in his family suffered nausea and swelling in face because of hazardous spray lobbed inside a room during stone throwing clashes in the locality.
“I went to talk to the police officer to ask him why the spray was thrown into our home which had impacted the kids. He told me, go and do what you have to do. I asked him what do you mean? He responded with a slap on my face.” Mudasir said. “Within no time, four cops held my arms, and two hit my head with gun butts for nearly five minutes, resulting in a head injury.”