Assam man dies of suffocation by gas heater in Srinagar

Assam man dies of suffocation by gas heater in Srinagar
  • 214
    Shares

Srinagar: A man from Assam, who worked a as watchman in Srinagar died due to suffocation by gas heater, police said.

It said in a handout that Papu Kakoti son of Prafullah Kakoti of Dakasa Pari, Kebi Road, police station Panigaon, District Lakhinpur, Assam died at Career Coaching Centre, Parraypora in Srinagar where he was working as Chowkidar, during the intervening night of 20/21-01-2019 due to suffocation by a gas heater.

Police has initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC and after completing legal formalities, the dead body was kept in mortuary of SKIMS Soura, it said.

“Efforts were made to contact the legal heirs of the deceased in Assam but the concerned police in his native place revealed that his home people have shifted to some unknown place,” it said.

The police urged that if anybody has any information about the legal heirs of the deceased, may kindly contact PCR Kashmir on (0194-2506504) or Dial 100.