Peshawar: A teacher and three students were electrocuted to death on Tuesday during the morning assembly at a school in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, police said.
The accident occurred when the students were hoisting the national flag during their morning assembly when the iron pipe came in contact with an electric wire resulting in their death, police was quoted as saying by the Geo News.
Three students and a teacher were killed as a result, while another teacher and a security guard were injured as they tried to save the children. The injured are being provided with first-aid facilities.
The students were of fourth, fifth and eighth grade respectively, police said, adding that investigations into the incident are underway.
However, the school was immediately shut down for the safety purpose for the rest of the children. PTI