Family, villagers blame PDD for negligence
Pampore: A 25-year-old truck driver was electrocuted to death when his hand accidently came in contact with a high tension wire in Khrew village area of Pampore on Monday afternoon, police said.
Locals told Kashmir Reader that that soon after the incident scores of the villagers held protest against the power development departmental ( PDD) “for their negligence”.
Station House Officer (SHO) Khrew, Javaid Ahmad told Kashmir Reader that the driver, Shahid Ahmad Mir, son of Bashir Ahmad, resident of Satpukhran Khrew, accidentally touched the high tension line, while adjusting the top ropes of the truck at Satpukhran area of Khrew. Shahid was immediately shifted to Sub District Hospital Pampore but succumbed on way to hospital, SHO said.
The family members and villagers protested against the Power Development Department over their alleged negligence in the incident. The family demanded action against the PDD officials, stating that the high tension wire was hanging very low at the place.
Police has started investigation under section 174 CrPC.