Media orientation workshop on MR vaccination held

  • 4
    Shares

JAMMU: The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Directorate of Family Welfare MCH & Immunization, with support of WHO and UNICEF on Monday organised a media sensitisation workshop on the measles/rubella vaccination campaign being launched in the state from next month.
Deputy Commissioner Immunization, Dr Pradeep Haldar, Assistant Director Family Welfare MCH & Immunization Jammu Dr L D Bhagat, HOD Social & Preventive Medicine, Govt Medical College Jammu Dr Dinesh Kumar, NPSP-WHO Jammu Dr Ravinder Pal Singh, Deputy Director, Doordarshan & Radio Kashmir Dr Neha Jalali, CMO Jammu Dr Sanjay Turki and General Secretary, Private Schools Association, J&K Ajay Gupta were present on the occasion who also provided details of the measles/rubella campaign which will be launched in the state targeting around 43 lakh children across 22 districts.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Pradeep Haldar said that immunisation is one of the most effective ways to protect children’s lives and futures. He said the recently introduced measles-rubella vaccine, which will be provided free in schools, health centres and at outreach session sites, is another such step to achieve our goal. “Through full immunisation coverage, we can make sure that the benefits of life-saving vaccines reach every child,” he said.
Dr L D Bhagat informed about the preparedness of the state for MR campaign saying that “it is a gigantic task but we are sure that the campaign will be successfully launched and completed with the support from other online departments like education, ICDS etc”.
He said the children falling in the age group of 9 months to 15 years will be covered in the campaign and all government and private schools will be included as 80 percent target children will be vaccinated in schools in first phase staffing from September 2018 and the rest of 20 percent will be covered by outreach and sweeping sessions.
The Government of Jammu & Kashmir in partnership with WHO and UNICEF has been engaging with civil society organisations, partners and academia as well as media as a critical stakeholder in efforts to create trust in vaccines and address myths around immunisation to ensure every child in the state gets the vaccination.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.