Sopore: A 45- year- old, Momammad Ramzan Lone, a lineman working with Power Development Department was electrocuted to death on Saturday morning in Sopore town while making repairs to a power line.
The employees of PDD told Kashmir Reader that Lone was working on an electric line when power supply suddenly resumed “due to negligence of officers working in that areas”, and that resulted in electrocution and serious injuries to his head after he felt down on the ground.
“He received serious head injury and was immediately rushed to sub District Hospital Sopore where doctors referred him to Srinagar in critically condition, but he succumbed to his injuries on the way,” an employee of PDD told Kashmir Reader.
“My friend and colleague was repairing an electric line in New colony area of Sopore when suddenly power supply resumed and he got electrocuted. He fell down which injures his head critically,” Lone’s colleague, who doesn’t want to be named, said.
“I fail to understand if the concerned PDD office was already been informed about the repairing than why they switched on the power. It is the PDD department who are responsible for my friend’s death,” he said.
Lone has been working with Sopore PDD department from last 20 years and is survived by aged mother, wife, two daughters and a lone son.
Meanwhile AEE of PDD Sopore, Syed Changal told Kashmir Reader that it was negligence of officers which resulted to the death of casual labour. He said an action will be taken against those who are responsible for this negligence.
However, casual labours protested outside PDD office in Sopore. They were demanding immediate action against PDD officer of that area who was in charge. Protesters also demanded compensation for the deceased family.
Sopore police have registered a case and investigation was taken up.