A militant for a few hours

A militant for a few hours
  • 231

Anantnag: Hours after he took a shower at home, offered Zuhr prayers in the village mosque, and was showered with candies by his family as they bid him good luck in his career as a militant, Adil Ahmad Lone was killed in a fierce gunfight with government forces in Hayuna village of Tral.
He remained a militant for less than three hours. Adil was killed along with two other militants – Danish Khaliq of Pinglish village in Tral and Qasim from Pakistan – late Tuesday evening.
The son of a truck driver and an engineering dropout from a Dehradun college, 22-year-old Adil was in hiding since several days as police were on a lookout for him, for his alleged militant links.
“He was hiding here in the village after police picked his brother on eve of Eid, after police could not get hold of Adil. His brother was released late Tuesday night after Adil was killed,” a close relative of the family told Kashmir Reader.
Adil, as per the family, came home Tuesday afternoon to take his parents’ permission for joining militant ranks – which he was duly granted.
“He took a shower and sought permission to leave. We showered candies on him. Soon after, he offered the Zuhr Namaz at the local mosque and was ready to leave,” Adil’s mother Sarwa was heard telling people at his funeral.
Adil, along with his two associates, was trapped in the house of a slain militant, Aqib Molvi, in Hayuna village. All three of them were killed within the house.
Awantipora SSP Zahid Malik told Kashmir Reader that Adil was already in touch with a local Jaish commander named Mudassir.
“We were looking for him and had arrested his brother for investigation. I don’t know when he left home but he was already in touch with the militants,” Malik said.
Danish of Pinglish village had also joined militant ranks recently – some 23 days ago. Danish, 19, studied in Class 12 and worked part-time as a salesman in Tral area before he left home for a militant’s life.
Thousands attended their funeral prayers and fellow militants offered gun salutes to them today in their villages.