Over 17 persons fell ill after taking ‘rotten’ pastry in Hajin

  • 23
    Shares

Hajin: The residents of Shahgund village in Bandipora district complained that ‘rotten’ confectionary items were sold by a local shopkeeper causing food poising to many people in the area on Saturday.

At least 17 patients from the village Shahgund were admitted to Community Health Center (CHC) Hajin for treatment after eating “rotten” pastry on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitar.

Talking to Kashmir Reader a doctor at the health center said “we received 17 patients from Shahgund area who complained of food poisoning and they were being treated,” he said and added some were under observation.

“I started vomiting all of a sudden after taking the pastry. I felt severe stomach pain also,” said 19 year old girl Iqra Bano, who was struggling at CHC Hajin.

A doctor treating the patients said that the pastry they had taken actually gathered a fungus.

The locals blamed district administration Bandipora who allegedly failed to depute officers for regular market checking in the area.