Fire breaks out at PDD workshop in Pampore

Fire breaks out at PDD workshop in Pampore
  • 3
    Shares

Pampore: Fire broke out in the central workshop of Power Development Department, damaging dozens of transformers and other items Saturday evening at Frestabal Pampore.
Local residents told Kashmir Reader that they saw fire emanating from the workshop and called the fire services.
They said that fire service reached in time and saved more than dozen families living around the work shop.
“It is not the first time that fire has appeared in the workshop this is almost third time,” said Ghulam Muhammad, a local resident, adding had that they had sent many representations to shift the 11KV line that has become a nuisance for them.
Due to fire, thick smoke spread in surrounding areas.
Officials of Central Workshop told Kashmir Reader that the fire was caused by a shot circuit in 11KV line that runs over the workshop.
“The fire broke after the duty hours,” an official said adding that a lot of inflammable oil spilled from transformers that were in the workshop for repairs.
He said that they were yet to assess the loss caused by the fire.
He also appreciated the role of fire fighters.
“Three fire tenders were put to job to extinguish the fire which was controlled with the help of locals,” he said.
Fortunately, no loss of life was reported in the incident.
SHO Pampore Arshid Ahmad told Kashmir Reader that they have registered an accident report in the incident.