Sopore: In a massive fire mishap,a rice mill was gutted in Chankipora area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Tuesday night. Three shops and a vehicle were also damaged in this incident.
Local reports suggested that the fire occurred due to an electric short circuit in rice mill which later spreadin nearby shops.
According to local reports, fire was seen from the mill during the midnight. Locals said they informed fire and emergency department immediately. Later fire department employees arrived on the spot and doused the flames, but were not able to save the mill and neighbouring shops resulting in complete damage of rice mill, three shops and a vehicle which was inside one shop during this incident.
Sajad Ahmad, a local resident of Chankipora area, told Kashmir Reader that a major fire broke out in the rice mill of Imtiyaz Ahmed Najar on Tuesday night. He said that in this mishap two shops of Ghulam Hassan Najar were also gutted.
Meanwhile, police saidthat a report has been registered in this regard.