The anti-militancy operation at Khudwani in Kulgam has been called off Wednesday evening after no militant bodies were retrieved from the debris of the blasted houses.
Sources said that the government forces after blasting the gunfight site launched a search operation of the debris, however, no militant body was found.
They said the operation has been called off.
Forces had earlier detonated the house in which the militants were holed up by using explosives, razing it to the ground. Two adjacent houses also caught fire.
Army had even used helicopter gunships to fight out the militants.
Local sources said that the holed up militants were rescued unhurt from the debris after the government forces left the spot.
Pertinently, four civilians were killed by government forces during the clashes with civilian protesters while the gunfight was raging. One army man was also killed while two others suffered injuries.
The civilian killings were protested across Kashmir with the students at different colleges and varsities holding massive protest demonstrations.