MMS Memorial Football tourney

MMS Memorial Football tourney
  • 2

FC Bandipora-Shaheen FC match ends in a draw

Srinagar: Jammu United FC and J&K Bank Academy Jammu played a goalless draw while FC Bandipora and Shaheen FC Jammu played a 1-1 draw in the two matches of ongoing first Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (MMS) Memorial Football Tournament played at Synthetic Turf Football Stadium in Srinagar on Friday.
The first match of the day played between Jammu United FC and J&K Bank Academy Jammu, ended in a goaless draw as both team failed to score in the allotted 90-minutes of the play. Right from the start of the match, defenders of both the teams tried to breach the defence lines of each other, but failed to do so. Jammu United and Bank Team got several chances to score which they missed.
It seemed that both the teams were happy to play a draw as they were more concerned on saving the goals than scoring. Both the goalkeepers made some excellent saves denying the opposite teams of any chance to score. Illyas Ahmad was declared as man of the match for his brilliant performance.
The second match of the day played between FC Bandipora and Shaheen FC Jammu was a thrilling encounter as players from both the sides displayed high quality football. The high speed and quality football enthralled the spectators, who had come in huge numbers to cheer up their favourite teams.
Ishan Gupta opened the account for Jammu team in just second minute of the play. Conceding a lead in early minutes didn’t deter Bandipora boys to play aggressively as they made valiant attempts to score an equaliser. However, Jammu defenders were equal to the task and they thwarted all the attempts by the opposite forwards to score an equaliser in the first half. At half time, Jammu United led by 1-0.
The second half witnessed some enthralling football by both the teams. While Bandipora team was desperate to score an equaliser, Jammu boys were attempting to double the lead, but both failed till the last 10 minutes of the match. When it seemed that Jammu team may be able to maintain the lead till the end of the play, Shakir of Bandipora team managed to score an all important goal for his team. In the last 10-minutes of the play, both teams made several attempts to score but defenders managed to keep the forwards at bay. When the referee blew the final whistle, the score line read 1-1. Shakir of Bandipora team was declared as player of the match.
While in Kashmir region, first leg of the event, being organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Football Association (JKFA) under the auspices of State Sports Council and on the directions of All India Football Federation (AIFF).