PULWAMA: Two local labourers were found dead in their rented room at Murram Chowk in South Kashmir’s Pulwama District on Saturday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Nisar Ahmad Kalas son of Shah Ali Kalas and Mohammad Ashraf Kalas son of Ab Haleem, while the two admitted persons were identified as Mohammad Amin and Riyaz Ahmad all the residents from Abhama village of Pulwama.
Senior Superintendent of Police Mohammad Aslam Choudry while confirming the incident, told Kashmir Reader they have registered a case regarding this incident.
He said both the deceased and unconscious persons were shifted to District Hospital Pulwama.
Medical Superintendent of district Hospital Pulwama Abdul Rashid Parra told Kashmir Reader that the cause has been found due to excess of carbon monoxide gas in their bodies.
“The cause of their death has been suffocation due to carbon monoxide which has been emitted from burning hard coke,” he said, adding that the families of the deceased persons submitted an application in which they told them they did not want autopsy of the bodies.
Meanwhile, Minister for Finance Haseeb Drabu has expressed grief over the accidental death of two labourers due to suffocation in Pulwama.
Minister assured every possible support the next of kin of the deceased.
He said concerned Assistant Labour Commissioner has been directed to extend every possible support to the families. He also assured that the Jammu and Kashmir Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board (JKBOCWWB) would provide the financial relief to the families as per the existing schemes for the labourers.