SOPORE: Rights activist Ahsan Untoo who is seeking investigations into Sopore massacre, Friday said that he was not content with BSF’s claims of punishing its guilty personnel.
In a report submitted to J&K State Human Rights Commission last month the BSF has said that it had identified 19 BSF personnel involved in the Sopore massacre of 1993, in which more than 55 people were killed.
“Thus all the accused persons that were found guilty during the court of Inquiry and records of evidence proceedings were tried by the GSFC under BSF Acts and rules and based on the findings the court awarded sentence to them,” the report said.
SHRC had sought the report from BSF on a plea filed by Untoo seeking investigation and justice in the case.
“Nobody knows clearly about the enquiry process done by BSF in their own staff court of inquiry and if they have punished the culprits or not. The big question still lies unanswered that the home department has still not sent the sanction to permit the investigation and punish the culprits. When the home department will produce sanctions against the culprits involved in the crime then it will be the matter of punishment and justice,” Untoo said.
Untoo said the case was closed by police two decades ago, as the police in its report stated that nobody cooperated in the investigation process and the case was shifted to CBI.
“After more than two decades of investigation it’s not only Home department who need to be blamed but also the victims equally because they did not cooperate. Some of the victim families from Sopore are in touch with me and I will fight the case till I will see the culprits behind bars,” Untoo asserted.