Delhi High Court Blasts: Prosecution fails to produce documents, Court defers hearing

Delhi High Court Blasts: Prosecution fails to produce documents, Court defers hearing

SRINAGAR: NIA trial court on Tuesday again deferred the case of Dr Wasim, an accused in Delhi High Court blasts case after prosecution failed to produce required documents.
Mehmood Pracha, a defence counsel, told Kashmir Reader that court had to cross examine one of the 250 witnesses in the case, however, it could not be done as the documents related to the case had not been produced by prosecution.
“Now the case is listed in February,” he said.
Wasim is under custody since 2011 after his father handed over his son to the Delhi police. Raiz, wasim’s father, had brought his son from a medical college in Bangladesh where he was Pursuing MBBS in fourth year.
Since then the case under FIR No. 49/2011 of Police Station Special Cell, New Delhi, under charges 302,307,323,325,120(B) of IPC, Section 16 of UA (P) Act and section 3, 4,5 of Explosives Substance Act is being heard in the court.
In the previous hearings, Wasim’s council had asked court to speed up the trail, and release the accused on bail. A Delhi high court where the case is also being heard had directed NIA court to speed up the process.
“But the case is still going on at the snail’s pace. The prosecution has argued that the trail of the case cannot be speeded up as there are number of other case already being heard,” Raiz said.
Wasim, a son of a teacher, whose one daughter is a dentist, and other pursuing Phd in Law is accused by NIA, of being the chief conspirator in the blast case which killed 15 persons and injured more than 80 on September 7, 2011. His other brother, Junaid, is also absconding since 2010 and efforts of family and government have so far failed to find his whereabouts.
According to Riaz, NIA court had first dismissed the charges, however, it later moved to the Delhi High Court, which allowed the investigation. He said in October this year the same court had asked NIA to release my son on bail however it did not oblige. It had also asked NIA to speed up the case fate of which will be known on December 19 when the case is heard again, he said.
During these six years, Raiz and his wife have at least three times a month visited his homesick son who is separate from his home nearly 800 kms. He has not received attention from the state government to get the son transferred back to the Kashmir jail.
NIA, according to Riaz, has only one point against his son, that he shoot an email from a Global Internet caffe in Khistwar through an email id‘harkatuljihadi2011@gmail.com’. NIA claims that the email had claimed responsibility for the attack. However Riaz said he had a CCTV footage which shows that his son was in Jammu, nearly 300 km away from Khistwar, the same day, and had withdrawn Rs 5000 from bank ATM, and was even fined by traffic police for not wearing helmet.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.