Srinagar: Five shops and three rooms were completely destroyed in a fire incident in Chan Mohalla Chattabal area of Srinagar city on Tuesday.
Locals said that the incident occurred at around 11:00 pm in Chan Mohalla chattabal area and property worth lakhs was destroyed.
President of Chan Mohalla Chattabal said that the property belonged to Alamdar Masjid Chattabal and was rented out.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit,” he said.
Muhammad Ramazan Hajam who lost his salon in the fire asked government to compensate him immediately on humanitarian basis.
The president appealed the government to provide immediate relief to the fire victims.