3 militants, Army man killed, youth wounded in ongoing Pulwama encounter

3 militants, Army man killed, youth wounded in ongoing Pulwama encounter
  • 2

Anantnag: Three militants and an army man has been killed in Aglar village of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
A senior police official from Pulwama confirmed the army man’s killing. He said that the identity of the slain was being ascertained.
“Yes, an army man has been killed, while the operation is very much on in the Aglar area. The identity of the slain soldier is being ascertained,” the police official said.
A highly-placed army source also confirmed the killing of the army man but without revealing his identity.
“We have to inform his family first,” the source told Kashmir Reader.
According to police reports, the Aglar Kandi area — a Gujjar Basti — was cordoned off at about 5:15 PM Monday evening following specific inputs regarding presence of militants in the area.
While searches were being carried out, the militants who were hiding in a residential house opened indiscriminate fire at the government forces.
“An army man was injured during the initial burst of fire, and later succumbed. The gunfire, meanwhile, was retaliated,” a police official told Kashmir Reader.
Clashes erupted soon after the CASO was launched, as per local sources.
“Hundreds of people tried to march towards the site of the encounter in a bid to give militants an escape route. Announcements were made on masjid loudspeakers urging people to come out and save the mujahideen,” a local source told Kashmir Reader.
The local sources alleged that the forces fired bullets and tear smoke shells at the protesting people, leaving at least one youth with a bullet injury.
“Yes, we received a bullet injury at our hospital. He was hit in the chest. He will survive provided his liver has not been damaged. We have referred him to SKIMS,” a doctor at Pulwama district hospital told Kashmir Reader.
He said that the people accompanying him gave conflicting versions of his identity.
“Some said his name was Tariq, others said he was Amir and yet others said his name was Shakir. We are not sure about his name,” the doctor said.
Sources in Kandi identified the boy as 22-year-old Muhammad Amir, a resident of Aglar Kandi.
A police spokesperson refuted the allegations of bullets being fired on the protesting people. He maintained that the youth was hit during “cross-fire”.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.