Srinagar: A Chinese official on Tuesday threatened to enter Kashmir and said that even Bhutan recognises that Doklam belongs to China.
Wang Wenli, the deputy director general of the Boundary and Ocean Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, surprised many when she raked up the Kashmir issue, reports said.
As per reports speaking to a delegation of Indian journalists whose visit to China had been sponsored by the All China Journalists Association (ACJA), Wang reiterated her country’s stand on the Doklam issue, calling for immediate withdrawal of Indian troops.
“Even if there is only one Indian soldier, even for a day it is still a violation of our sovereignty and territorial integrity,” she said.
However, she surprised several people present at the briefing when she said: “The Indian side has also many tri-junctions. What if we use the same excuse and enter the Kalapani region between China, India and Nepal or even into the Kashmir region between India and Pakistan?”