3 grenade attacks in Pulwama leave 9 CRPF men injured

3 grenade attacks in Pulwama leave 9 CRPF men injured

Mohammad Suhail 

Pulwama: In three back-to-back attacks within three hours in Kashmir, nine CRPF soldiers were injured, at least 3 of them critically, after militants carried out three grenade attacks in Pulwama district, including in Tral, Padgampora and main town Pulwama.
All the injuries were reported from the attack in Tral where militants targeted the CRPF’s 180 Bn camp in Ladiyar area on the outskirts of the main town. This was the second grenade attack on CRPF men in Tral in less than 24 hours.
According to police reports, the CRPF camp at Ladiyar, Tral, housing 180 Bn came under a grenade attack.
“This camp, located on the outskirts of main town Tral, came under a grenade attack at about 5:45 PM Tuesday evening,” a senior police official from the area told Kashmir Reader.
He said that preliminary investigation suggested that an Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) was used to throw the grenade inside the camp.
CRPF spokesperson Ashish Jha told Kashmir Reader that 9 CRPF men had been injured. “Yes, the attack was carried out on our 180 Bn Base in Ladiyar Tral. 9 of our men have been injured. Three of them critically,” Jha said while talking to Kashmir Reader on phone.
He said that his office was trying to ascertain which hospitals the injured had been admitted to.
Sources said that five of the injured were treated in Tral and four had been shifted to Srinagar for specialised treatment.
The 182 Bn camp of the CRPF near Sub-District Hospital in main town Tral also came under a similar attack late Monday evening. Two CRPF men were injured in that grenade attack which was also carried out using a UBGL. Hizbul Mujahideen claimed the responsibility of Tral attack.
Following the attack in Tral, militants hurled a hand grenade at a company of 130 Bn CRPF stationed at Padgampora in Pulwama district.
“Yes, a grenade attack was carried out, but fortunately nobody was injured in this attack,” Jha told Kashmir Reader.
Soon after the Padgampora attack, militants targeted Pulwama police station in the main town.
According to SP Pulwama Mohammad Aslam, militants hurled a grenade at the police station and followed it up by indiscriminate firing.
“Our men retaliated the firing. There are no reports of injury to anybody during the attack,” the SP told Kashmir Reader.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.