Fire devastates three houses in Anchar

Fire devastates three houses in Anchar

Brides lost all jewelry, copper utensils

SRINAGAR: At least three residential structures were gutted down in massive fire that erupted in Anchar locality of Soura on Friday.
According to witnesses, fire emanated from second floor of one of the three damaged structures that later spread over and engulfed two more structures within next few minutes.
The intensity of fire was so high that the men of fire and emergency had to battle the flames for several hours for which four fire tenders were brought in to douse the fire.
Short circuit, as per the locals, is believed to be the cause of fire that left the property of around Rs 20 lakhs completely damaged.
“Three of our male family members got married recently including me. All the jewelry of our brides and copper utensils worth lacs of rupees were completely damaged. The fire wreaked havoc,” Farooq Ahmad, a fire victim said.
The victim family that suffered highest damages due to fire comprised three orphans. They had recently tied knot and spent their entire savings. “We even don’t have any alternative place to live at. We just have to clean and rebuild the damaged structure to make it suitable for living without caring about hardships,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.