By Ishfaq Reshi
Budgam: A lineman working with Power Development Department (PDD) Budgam died due to massive electric shock in Khansahab area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district early on Friday, sources said.
The deceased identified as Abdul Salam Bhat son of Abdul Gani Bhat, resident of Bugroo in Khansahab, received an electric shock while doing repairs at the local power sub-station in his village.
Sources said that Bhat had informed the relevant officials at Bugroo receiving station about the repairs work but despite the advisory, power supply was put on in the area leading to his death.
This is the second such incident within last ten days in which PDD employee died due to massive electric shock. No action has been initiated against the erring officials, sources said.
In the first case, a need-based lineman died of electric shock in Nagbal village of Khag on December 27.
No official of the PDD was available to comment on the deaths.