Kangan: Four members of a family were injured, two of them critically, when a domestic gas cylinder exploded inside the kitchen of their residential house at Haknar Gund in Kangan area of Ganderbal on Tuesday.
Locals said that a cylinder exploded inside the house of one Abdur Rehman Khan son of Mohammad Akram Khan resulting into injuries to four family members. The injured were rushed to primary health center Gund.
Medical officer PHC Gund Dr Tahira Kulsoom identified the four persons as Showkat Ahmad Khan (25), Mohammad Yonus Khan (22), Abdul Rehman Khan (60) and Zoitoon Began (50). She said that critically injured Showkat and Yonus were shifted to SHMS hospital Srinagar for specialized treatment.
The blast caused minor damage to the windows and doors of the residential house. Police have taken cognizance of the cylinder explosion.